Accounting Circle Scholarship
One of the major goals of The Accounting Circle is to attract academic and socially gifted students to the School of Accountancy. The Accounting Circle Scholar Program is the manifestation of that goal.
The Accounting Circle will provide a stipend of $1,000 for each eligible academic year. An eligible academic year is one in which the student meets the retention requirements below.
- Applicants must be students entering the University and majoring in Accountancy.
- Applicants must have a qualifying score (high school graduating percentile x composite ACT score) of 19.20 or above. For example, a student in the 80th graduating percentile with an ACT of 25 would have a qualifying score of 20.
- Applicants must be willing to attend an interview with the Accounting Circle Liaison Officer of the Accounting Circle.
Responsibilities of Awardee
- The Awardee is responsible for reporting academic progress each semester to the Director of the School of Accountancy at SIU.
- The Awardee agrees to be available to meet with the School's Board of Advisors or other groups after notification by the Director of the School.
- The Awardee agrees to furnish a recent picture to the Director of the School and agrees to have information distributed and/or released to the press.
- The Awardee agrees that all applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Awardee.
- The Awardee must maintain an overall GPA of 3.40 out of 4.00 at SIU.
- The Awardee must complete at least 15, but no more than 18, academic hours each semester.
- The Awardee must be on track to graduate with a B.S. degree in Accountancy in eight semesters.