School of Accountancy hosting Research Colloquium Series
September 16, 2009,
The School of Accountancy has initiated The School of Accountancy Research Colloquium Series this fall for all College of Business faculty and Ph.D. students.
The colloquium series brings in renowned accounting scholars to SIU to present and discuss cutting edge accounting research. Director of the School of Accountancy Dr. Marcus D. Odom said, “This is the type of event that doctoral granting research universities have for their faculty and Ph.D. students. We felt that this was missing from our program and wanted to get this started. We are very excited about the research colloquium series and know it will be a very beneficial component of our research mission. We are especially excited about the quality of scholars that have already committed to come and present.”
Dr. Ray Rodriguez, faculty member in the School of Accountancy, is coordinating the colloquium series. “The faculty of the School of Accountancy are aware of and responsive to the needs of our students and faculty. We also recognize our responsibility to our students and the public at large to advance the knowledge and understanding of accounting. These were two of the primary reasons behind starting the Research Colloquium Series.”
The Colloquium Series is held on Friday afternoons from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm in Rehn Hall Room 24.
The scholars scheduled to present for the remainder of the fall and the dates of their presentations are as follows:
- September 11th - Dr. Wayne Tervo from Murray State University, PCAOB Inspection Consequences and Processes: Perspectives of Triennially Inspected Firms.
- September 18th - Ray Rodriguez from Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Is Agency Theory an Anglo-Saxon Phenomenon?
- September 25th - Brian Daugherty from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- October 2nd - Ananth Seetharaman from Saint Louis University
- November 13th - Rashad Abdel-khalik from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- November 20th - Kevin E. Jackson from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- December 4th - Juan Manuel Sanchez from University of Arkansas
- December 11th – Li Xu from Southern Illinois University