Marketing External Advisory Board to host Marketing U
February 19, 2013,
Marketing U will be held at the SIU Student Center in the afternoon of Thursday February 28, 2013. This event is for all students of the College of Business. Attending students can expect leave the event with knowledge of the following topics to prepare them for the transition into the workforce:
- You ARE the Product: Developing and Marketing Your Personal Brand to Employers
- The Inside Scoop on How Employers Really Evaluate Job Applicants and Resumes
- Facebook, Tweet and Lint to Your Dream Job or Internship
- Seven Things Nobody Tells You About Navigating Office Politics
- Professional Networking for Employment and Advancement
- Setting and MBA: Is Graduate School the Right “Next Step” for You?
- Introduction to Investing: Now You’re Making Money: What Do You Do With It?
- Be Your Own Boss, Start Your Own Business
- Expand Your Employment Options: Careers in Non-Profit/Public Sector Organizations
- Alumni Marketing 101: Tapping Into the SIU Graduate Network
All attendees are invited to a Networking Mixer at 4 p.m. in the SIU Student Center’s Old Main Lounge. For more information contact Dr. Cheryl Burke Jarvis, Chair, Department of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the CoB Facebook page.