The Michael T. McClellan Scholarship is an SIU endowed cornerstone scholarship funded by the family of Michael T. McClellan. This cornerstone scholarship is established to attract the brightest and most promising Illinois residents to SIU for the study of Accountancy.
The Michael T. McClellan Scholarship currently provides a stipend of approximately $2,200 for each eligible academic year. An eligible academic year is one in which the student meets the retention requirements below.
- Applicants must be students entering the University and majoring in Accountancy.
- Applicants must be from central or southern Illinois.
- Applicants must rank in the top 10% of their high school class and have an outstanding ACT score.
- Applicants must be willing to attend an interview with the Circle Liaison Officer of the Accounting Circle.
Responsibilities of Awardee
- The Awardee is responsible for reporting academic progress each semester to the Director of the School of Accountancy at SIU.
- The Awardee agrees to be available to meet with the School's Board of Advisors or other groups after notification by the Director of the School.
- The Awardee agrees to furnish a recent picture to the Director of the School and agrees to have information distributed and/or released to the press.
- The Awardee agrees that all applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Awardee.
- The Awardee must maintain an overall GPA of 3.75 out of 4.00 at SIU.