A student who does not have an undergraduate business degree will be required to complete the following
- ACCT 220 - Accounting I
- ACCT 230 - Accounting II
- FIN 270 - The Legal and Social Environment of Business OR
FIN 280 - Business Law I & FIN 380 - Business Law II
- MGMT 304 - Introduction to Management
- FIN 330 - Introduction to Finance
- MKTG 304 - Introduction to Marketing
A student not having an accountancy degree will be required to complete the following (required to be completed prior to enrollment in any graduate course for which the course is a prerequisite):
- ACCT 321 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 322 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 331 - Cost Accounting
- ACCT 341 - Federal Income Taxation
- ACCT 360 - Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 460 - Auditing
Note: The student may request that undergraduate courses taken at universities other than Southern Illinois University (SIU), or that other undergraduate courses taken at SIU, be evaluated as possible substitutes that would meet the above requirements.
The full-time student who qualifies for the minimum program in terms of course work requirements normally may expect to complete the Master of Accountancy degree in one calendar year (two semesters and one summer session).
In order to meet the graduate requirements the student must obtain a 3.0 grade point average (4.0 = A) and obtain a B or better in eighty percent of all graduate level courses taken after admission to the M.Acc. program.