Data is the language of business. And businesses are drowning in it! Every business or organization comes under pressure to make better, more timely decisions. Executives, managers, and business people in every area see this ocean of data but struggle to make sense of it. It’s huge, it’s messy, and it just keeps accumulating. Analytics makes sense of all that data. Analytics helps business people (and really, people in any area):
- identify what problems they face
- communicate with the data analysts in their language
- evaluate the appropriateness of the models data analysts create to understand the data and forecast future outcomes
- provide recommendations to executives so they can make better data-based decisions.
SIU’s College of Business and Analytics explicitly emphasizes “Analytics” as an important component of its curricula. Because employees at all levels increasingly must show they can understand and utilize data, we developed our multifaceted analytics programs to target different types of students at different stages in their careers, including:
- Executives in the Analytics Certificate program wanting a more streamlined course of study
- Managers seeking an MBA with a concentration in Analytics
- Managers wanting a more technically focused degree with the Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Any undergraduate wanting to show employers that he/she can integrate analytics into the operations of a firm or any organization with the bachelor of science in Business Analytics
The Analytics Program enjoys support from the Pontikes Center for Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. With an active and involved advisory board, the Pontikes Center keeps all of our analytics programs relevant to today’s businesses. In addition, the Center leads the way with integrated analytics and artificial intelligence research, keeping SIU’s analytics program on the cutting edge of technology.
From business to medicine to sports and beyond, the world runs on data! Don’t be left behind. The analytics programs at the College of Business and Analytics will teach you not only the language of business, but – increasingly – the language of everything!