Nwamaka (Amaka) Anaza
Associate Professor of Marketing
Rehn Hall, 229A
Office: 618| 453-
Dept: 618| 453-4341
Fax: 618| 453-7747
Nwamaka (Amaka) Anaza joined the faculty at SIU College of Business in 2015. However, she first became a Saluki while earning her bachelor’s in paralegal studies with a minor in history and then continued on at SIU to earn her MBA. She received her Ph.D. from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana in 2010.
Anaza chose a career in higher education as a result of her passion for enlightening minds and creating a positive change in the lives of students. She returned to SIU knowing from first-hand experience that she joined a world-class business program where students receive nothing short of an excellent education and practical training.
“The atmosphere is conducive for learning and satisfies my constant thirst for knowledge. The college also houses some of the best faculty and staff members in the academy. These individuals are collegial, inclusive, willing to help, but most importantly, make their students a priority,” she said.
Before returning to SIU, Anaza taught as an assistant professor of marketing at Francis Marion University in Florence, SC and as a visiting professor of marketing at Wuhan University in China. She was also a visiting scholar at the University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Ludwigshafen am Rhein Ludwigshafen, Germany and an instructor of relationship selling and a research fellow at Purdue University.
Anaza currently teaches Marketing Management and Promotion Strategy & Management.
“Being a saluki is very special to me. It means having a broad network of people you can call friends, supporters and family. It truly means being a part of a diverse community of people who all carry the badge of Southern Illinois University- a badge of honor and pride that says we all belong,” Anaza said about returning to SIU to teach.
- services marketing
- personal selling and sales management
- consumer behavior and customer citizenship behavior
- international marketing
Hall-Phillips, A., Park, J., Chung, T. L., Anaza, N. A., & Rathod, S. R. (2016). I (heart) social ventures: Identification and social media engagement. Journal of Business Research, 69 (2), 484-491.
Anaza, N. A. (2014). Personality antecedents of customer citizenship behaviors during online shopping. Psychology & Marketing, 31 (4), 251-263.
Anaza, N. A., & Rutherford, B. (2014). Increasing business-to-business buyer word-of-mouth and share-of-purchase. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 29 (5), 427-437
Anaza, N. A., & Zhao, J. (2013). Encounter-based antecedents of E-customer citizenship behaviors. Journal of Services Marketing, 27 (2), 130-140.
- 2015- Best Paper Award, Society of Marketing Advances Annual Conference, Personal Selling & Sales Management Track
- 2015 - Recipient of the 2015 Faulty Award for Outstanding Research/Scholarship at Francis Marion University
- 2013 - Best Paper Award, Society of Marketing Advances Annual Conference, Services Marketing Track
- 2013 - CIBER Scholarship to Attend the Darla Moore School of Business University of South Carolina Faculty Development in International Business
- 2011 - Best Paper Award, Society of Marketing Advances Annual Conference, Services Marketing Track
- 2009 - Best Paper Award, American Marketing Association Summer Educator’s Conference, Selling and Sales Management Track