The College of Business Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Board serves as an advisory body to the Director of Diversity and Inclusion on various aspects of the College of Business Diversity Program and its goals. The specific objectives of the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Board include the following:
- To provide an effective link between management education within the College and management practice within the business community.
- To serve as a sounding board for present and proposed programs, events and activities of the College of Business Diversity Program in areas such as program development, executive education, strategic planning, long-range development and international management.
- To promote good public relations and a positive image on behalf of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- To identify and suggest opportunities for enhanced minority student and minority faculty development; such as internships, externships, trainee-ships, and applied research studies.
- To assist the College of Business Diversity Program in its external fund-raising efforts and to help the Diversity Program broaden its base of financial support.
- To assist the College of Business Diversity Program in bringing business executives into close contact with minority students and minority facility in both formal and informal settings.
- To otherwise assist the College of Business Diversity Program in attaining its potential for excellence, in research, teaching, and professional service.