The College of Business and Analytics is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for our students. This reaches beyond the classroom. The CoBA Mentor Program is designed to be a networking and support program for students to connect with alumni mentors and through them to the business world.
The CoBA Mentor Program will provide intangible benefits to students and encourage graduation while leading to a successful career path. The mentor program would be a “family” structure – as students may turn to the family with questions, concerns, or just for support.
- Mentees receive support throughout their SIU careers in critical stages of academic and personal development
- Help navigate the University and College resources and systems
- Is a source to turn to with questions, concerns, or just for encouragement and support
- Provide a real-world view point and share relevant experiences
- Guide mentees in their professional development
- Graduation and Career placement
Mentees Commitments to Participate
- Complete an application.
- Commit to a small virtual session to introduce the mentoring program and participate by introducing yourself to the group.
- Commit time to connect once a month with your mentor via FaceTime, phone, email or text.
- Connect two times a year in person as mentor visits campus. (Not required for online students)
- Maintain ongoing discussions on backgrounds, goals and career interests.
- Conduct career conversations involving talents, interests, skills.
- Develop short and long term goals integrating personal, academic and business lives including study, research, RSO's, company visits, paid work, internships and externships.
- Work with your mentor to complement and build networking skills that are developed through academic classes, career services and RSO's.